2010年12月9日

An Affair to Remember(1957)


Cary Grant is my all time favorite actor and his An Affair to Remember is always my favorite movie.

Cast : Cary Grant / Deborah Kerr

The basic story of An Affair To Remember is, when Nickie(Grant) and Terry(Kerr) meet on a ship crossing an ocean, the sparks fly, but pity that both are sailing back to their intended fiancée's in American. They do not expect to find love along the way.

When their ship stops in a port along the way, Nickie invites Terry on board to his grandmother’s villa on the French Riviera. During the visit, they realize that they've fallen in love with each other.

On the last night of the cruise, they make a pact. Six months later, that’s the first of July, they’ll meet at the top of the Empire State Building at 5PM

男女主角在歐洲回美國的郵輪上相遇, 彼此一見傾心。

在航行的途中, 女主角被邀請和男主角一同上岸探望他的祖母, 共度了一段愉快的時光, 加上經過在郵輪上這幾天的相處, 彼此發覺漸漸已經互相愛上了, 無奈現實中各自已有所屬

輪船即將要泊岸, 惟有定下約定, 若在六個內可將各自的感情關係整理好, 就在六個月後的七月一日下午五時在帝國大廈頂樓再見。

In the movie, their meeting on the deck is the scenery I like most, charming couple, excellant acts and wonderful dialog.

The last scenery is the most touching part, the conversation between them always bring tears to my eyes.

Here comes the most beautiful scenery : - 

Kerr  Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories. We’ve already miss this spring.

Grant Yes, and that’s probably my last chance.

Kerr   Mine too.

Grant   It's now or never


Kerr     "Never" is a frighten word. 

 

Kerr    Let me tell you in the morning, hmmm.

Grant   It’s going to be a long night.

Kerr    For me too.

 

Kerr    I didn’t get sleep till 5

Grant  I didn’t sleep at all


Then the ship just passes by the Empire Bldg. so Grant suggests it as the meeting place six months later.

Kerr   Yes, it's perfect ! It's the nearest thing to heaven we have in New York City!


<<  Ending scene 1/2  >>

Grant  How long did you wait? I mean, did you wait long?

Kerr   Ahh, well, yes, well yes, I waited until....

Grant  Midnight. Oh. And then what did you do?

Kerr   Well. Then I got really mad. Well, you can imagine. Standing up there in..

Grant  Yes. In a thunderstorm.

Kerr   In a thunderstorm.-

Here comes the most touching scenery and a wonderful kiss follow after these heart warming dialog. << Ending scene 2/2 >>

Kerr    Darling, don’t look at me like that.

Grant  Why didn't you tell me? If it had to happen to one of us, why did it have to be you?

Kerr    It was no body's fault but my own. I was looking up. It was the nearest thing to heaven. You were there. Oh darling. Don't worry darling. If you can paint, I can walk. Anything can happen. Don't you think?

Grant   Yes darling, yes, yes, yes.-

<< The best parts of the movie >>

2:28

Grant   Isn't it beautiful down there? Huh? I say, isn't it beautiful down there?

Kerr    Yes. But do you want to hear an old joke? What? If it's so beautiful down there why did you....

Grant    Oh, thats an old joke alright.-

3:12-3:45 

Their first kiss on the ship’s stairway. One lengthy shot are used and only their legs are shown. Kerr’s body movement tells it all. Let the wide range of imagination pass to the audience.

4;04

Kerr    You go to think in your room and I'll think in mine. We’ll miss each other.

Grant   Oh, that was very sweet. What you just said.


More informations : -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Affair_to_Remember

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050105/

http://www.carygrant.net/reviews/affair.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言